“Towering genius disdains a beaten path. It seeks regions hitherto unexplored.” — Abraham Lincoln
How to Use a Cell Tower Lease Calculator?
Maybe you are looking for a cell tower lease calculator because you have been contacted by a cellular carrier like DISH Wireless, Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular to lease rooftop space at your building and you are trying to determine how to calculate the value and lease rates? Or perhaps you’ve received a letter from a real estate site acquisition company or representative working for one of the above-mentioned wireless carriers or from a cell tower developer building cell phone towers for them, and they want to lease a portion of your land for a cell tower? Or maybe you already have a cell site or a cell tower on your property and they are looking to add more antennae or expand and they need more space, or they want to renew the lease and you need to figure out what the cell tower lease rate should be in your area? So you start looking around the internet for a cell tower lease rate calculator and you might have found a few “professional looking” websites that have a calculator-looking thing embedded on their page entitled “cell tower calculator” or something similar. Interestingly, two of these calculators are identical, somebody we suppose probably borrowed it from somebody else. With all our years of higher education, we could not figure out how to operate it. And it didn’t calculate anything.
“What’s My Cell Tower Rent Rate ?”
- Did you get an offer for a new cell tower on your land or a new cell site on your rooftop and you have questions? Your lawyer, real estate agent friend, or uncle won’t know the answers either.
- We can provide land owners cell tower and cell site landlords with cell site lease valuation consultation to help you determine the best way forward if you’ve been contacted with an offer.
- Our lease rate consultation can provide answers regarding how your site-specific cell tower lease rate is calculated so you can be confident when negotiating.
“I Need Cell Tower Lease Expert’s Help.”
- We can help you with the initial coaching and guidance you need to start your negotiation, and then give you and your attorney site-specific recommendations and guidance if needed.
- Our cell tower lease review, coaching, and consultation service can help you to protect your interests and maximize the value of your cell tower or cell site lease agreement.
- We work closely with our property owner and landlord clients and their attorneys (if you have one) to make sure you are always negotiating on a level playing field.
CELL TOWER LEASE CALCULATOR 101:
Forget the lease calculator and call the cell tower lease experts at Tower Genius.
Here is the 10-second cell tower rent offer and lease rate B.S. (bravo Sierra) detection, calculation, and evaluation method you need to start with if you are evaluating a high-pressure cell tower rent proposal that sounds threatening or intimidating. If the consultant is pretending to work for Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, AT&T, or another carrier, but has an email address with that carrier’s name, and uses the words, “rent guarantee”, “lease optimization”, “value to our network”, “lease modification”, “termination rights”, “Right of First Refusal” or other phrases, and they have a local area code in the San Diego, California or Dallas, Texas area, they are almost 99% certainly not working for the carrier. They are one of two companies I won’t mention by name, and they are probably trying to lock you into a terrible one-sided rent reduction or rent guarantee lease amendment, with the sublet threat of exercising their termination rights if you don’t agree to their offer.
* If your cell tower lease consultant gives you an “average rent” or a “rental range”, they are amateurs, reading off of a script.
* If your tower lease consultant tells you values are calculated by square feet, they are working for the carriers or tower companies.
These “cell tower lease consultants” work for the carriers and cell tower companies and it is very hard to tell who they are. You can always search for them on Linked In and you will usually get your answer there if they have a profile. These rent reduction companies are like mold and mildew. You can throw some bleach on them, and they go away for a while, but they will always come back and keep calling to reduce the rent. So when they call you, turn the table on them and ask them, how exactly did you calculate this “optimized lease rate” that you want me to agree to? Ask them to explain to you how cell tower rent values are determined and we would love to hear from you about what they tell you. Ask them to show you their rent calculator. Most of them will get nervous and they will not be able to go “off script”. It might prevent them from calling you back for a few months.
STOP. ARE YOU STILL LOOKING FOR A CELL TOWER RENT CALCULATOR TO DETERMINE YOUR CELL SITE’S TRUE VALUE?
Negotiating a cell tower contract might be the biggest financial transaction in your life. Don’t take chances and definitely don’t trust your cell tower lease to some Yahoo who claims to have a cell tower lease rent calculator on their website (namely all of our competitors) and then you find out it isn’t a calculator after all. Yes, this page is written with a bit of humor but we hope you got the point. We can help answer your questions and make sure your lease is reviewed and negotiated properly with our consulting and coaching service.
Contact Tower Genius about a cell tower rent calculation or offer that you have received.
Contact UsWe would love to hear from you! Please fill out this form and one of us from Tower Genius will get in touch with you shortly.
“LEASE VALUE CALCULATOR FORMULA = What they want you to know ÷ WHAT WE KNOW”
“The best way to establish long term value for clients is to do today’s work superbly well.”
“The only thing uglier than an ugly cell tower, is an ugly cell tower lease agreement.”
“We’re not saying that we are the best cell tower lease experts in the United States, we’re just stating the obvious, that we haven’t spoken with any that were smarter.”