How to evaluate cell tower consultants or “experts” before you hire one.
Find the best cell tower lease consultant by asking these questions…
Looking for a cell tower lease consultant? Maybe you’re looking for some help negotiating a telecom lease agreement or cell tower company proposal? All wireless carriers and cell tower companies know that all landowners have limited information about the wireless industry and process, and they hire skilled professionals, so from day one, the deck is completely stacked against you.
Property owners, even seasoned commercial real estate professionals should seek out the professional services of an experienced cell tower lease consultant. However not all wireless industry experts are the same. We have compiled a list of important things a landowner should consider before choosing to work with a consultant. Here are 5 questions to ask a cell tower lease consultant before you hire them.
What conflicts of interest do you have?
- Yup. Conflicts of interest exist in the cell tower industry. You know how pesky they can be especially if the person you are looking to possibly hire is also getting paid by the same party that you are trying to negotiate against.
Many people will tell you to make sure that your consultant has legal expertise. Tom foolery. Ask them about their conflicts of interest. If they hesitate, hang up the phone.
What are your cell tower lease consulting fees?
- We don’t post our fees on this website. If you are shopping around and trying to get the consultant to provide pricing is difficult, then move on. Our firm provides about 15 different services for cell tower landlords, so it’s best to call us or schedule a 30-minute discovery call for $29.99 and if you hire us we’ll refund the cost of the discovery call.
How many years have they really worked in Wireless Infrastructure?
- Perhaps you will not be surprised if I told your that most cell tower lease consultant websites are not completely honest when it comes to their years of experience. Many of our competitors that claim to have 10 or 15 or 30 or even 100 years experience (what actually counts for experience in Tennessee?) in the industry simply are not truthful. It’s kind of sad actually, because the property owner or cell tower landlord is trying to research companies has to figure out what is real and what is an illusion.
Does the cell tower lease expert have a professional Google page and reviews or actual testimonials?
- The short answer is that the majority of cell tower consultants do not have a Google review page. The few that do have “reviews” that look like they were written by an aunt or cousin or a high school student who was paid ten dollars to leave a few comments.
Does the consultant’s website provide any names or personnel or executive profiles?
- About half of the “cell tower lease consulting” firms with an online presence do not even give the name of anyone on their websites. Our advice? RUN.
Who needs a cell tower lease consultant? Anybody who either has an existing cell tower on their land or anyone who has a rooftop cell site on their building, or anyone who has been approached by a wireless carrier or a cell tower developer needs a seasoned professional on their team.
Tower Genius is that seasoned professional consultancy. The partners of Tower Genius, Kevin Donohue and Steve Kazella have a combined 50+ years of wireless infrastructure leasing, zoning, project management, construction and lease consulting experience. Tower Genius has been helping landlords and land owners achieve great success since 2008. Tower Genius works exclusively with landlords who either already have a cell site or who have been approached to have a cell site or tower built on their land.
Tower Genius saves landlords time and money while helping you get the best deals possible for your particular cell tower location with our cell tower lease coaching and consulting services.
Call us today at 1-888-313-9750 to schedule a 30-minute discovery call.
Request a call back from Tower Genius...We're here to help you. Please provide your Name, Email and Phone Number so Kevin Donohue or Steve Kazella from Tower Genius can get back to you as soon as possible.
“The best way to establish long term value for clients is to do today’s work superbly well.”