“Towering genius disdains a beaten path. It seeks regions hitherto unexplored.” — Abraham Lincoln
Leasing Cell Sites On Critical Infrastructure
Leasing Cell Sites on Critical Infrastructure
When a carrier or tower developer locates a cell site or cell tower on top of a water tower, water tank, inside an electrical substation, or on top of an electrical transmission tower, they are only doing it for one reason. They do not have a better choice. Is Leasing Cell Sites on Critical Infrastructure the Same as a Normal Cell Tower?
What are the water tower cell site lease rates?
What are electrical transmission tower cell site lease rates?
Wireless carriers only develop and lease cell sites as a last resort on public utility infrastructure such as municipal water towers or electrical transmission towers.
If the wireless carriers had other viable options available to them to meet zoning requirements and their network engineering requirements or had alternative properties where ground space was available to lease, or rooftop space was available to develop a telecommunications site, Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint would already be there.
High Demand for Coverage
+ Low Supply of Available Properties
+ Huge Difficulty Level of Site Development and Maintenance
= PREMIUM RENTAL PRICE.
Or as we say a Tower Genius, “It is what it is.”
Water towers and electrical transmission towers, substations, and poles are interesting because many are nestled in residential areas where zoning regulations give them preference. They are also considered mission-critical infrastructure in many cases. They need to operate 24/7 and if there is a service disruption it will severely impact our everyday lives.
- Is the water tower used for drinking water or fire suppression?
- Is the water tower or electrical transmission tower in a residential area or mixed commercial?
- Is it a private water tower, electrical substation or is it located on municipal property, power company property, or water district property?
- Is it a major wireless carrier leasing space?
- Is it in a city, a major metro area, or out in a rural area?
Properly developed and managed Municipal Cell Towers can greatly benefit your town, city, or agency in many ways.
Tower Genius specializes in assisting municipalities, cities, public housing authorities, public utilities such as water districts and power companies, and other governmental agencies with complex cell tower leasing, cell site development, cell site auditing, and cell tower workflow and process re-engineering functions. While ancillary cell tower revenue can be a significant income source for your organization, most agencies and municipalities simply do not have the resources or manpower to properly oversee this function.
By creating a win-win method of cell site leasing, site management, and site development, our Municipal Partners have been able to generate substantial revenue from the leasing portion of our program without overburdening their in-house employees, and while greatly limiting major issues associated with municipal wireless telecommunication development such as tower proliferation and visual impact upon the community.
Tower Genius Services Provided:
- Municipal Wireless Bids Managed
- Municipal Cell Tower Lease Buyout Bid Management and Advisory
- Municipal Wireless Ordinance Review and Design
- Cell Tower Site Identification
- Wireless Lease Coaching and Consulting
- Cell tower workflow review and re-engineering
- Carrier Dispute Interface
- Cell Site Lease Compliance Audits
- Municipal Cell Site Upgrades and Cell Tower Lease Amendments
- Carrier Master Lease Agreement Review
Call Tower Genius at 1-888-313-9750 to discuss how we can help you.
Steve Explains More On Critical Infrastructure Cell Site Leases